Primary Election Day is Tuesday, May 20, 2014.
Polling locations are open from 6 am to 6 pm on Tuesday, May 20, 2014and you may vote early if you will be out of town or have another reason why you won’t be able to vote on May 6. You may also register for a paper absentee ballot up to 7 days before the election, or up to the day of the election if you have a medical emergency.
Where is my voting location?
To find your voting location, visit the Fayette County Clerk’s website.
What if I will be out of town on Election Day?
If you are unable to get to the polls on election day, contact the Voter Registration office at 255–VOTE for information about obtaining an absentee ballot. If you meet any of the following requirements, you may request a paper absentee ballot be mailed to you:
- Due to advanced age, disability, illness or medical emergency.
- You are a member of the Armed forces, the dependent of a member of the Armed forces or a citizen residing overseas.
- You are a student attending schools outside the county of your voter registration.
- You temporarily reside outside the state but are still eligible to vote in Kentucky.
- You are incarcerated in jail and have been charged but not convicted of a crime.
The deadline for applying for a paper absentee ballot is 7 days before an election. You may apply for a paper absentee ballot due to a medical emergency up to the day of the election.
You may request an application in person, by mail, by phone, or by fax. If you are going to be out of the county on election day and you do not qualify for a paper absentee ballot, you may vote in the County Clerk’s office the 21 business days preceding the election.
For more information about voter registration, please contact the Fayette County Clerk.
Fayette County Clerk’s Office 162 East Main Street Lexington, KY 40507
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Voter Registration Line - (859) 255-VOTE
Fayette County Clerk, Voter Registration - (859) 255-8683